Wednesday 7 January 2009

Building morale one spoon of sugar at a time

Some developers just came over to my desk to follow up on some defects I'd sent to them. For one, it turns out I'd read an ambiguous requirement in a different way than they had (but when we discussed them, I realized their interpretation was correct) and we were able to sort out and pass the bug; for the second, the developer was basically trying to say, "It wasn't me!" and I was able to say, right away, that I was sure it wasn't and that there were just some deployment issues to get fixed (my suspicion being either that some code wasn't merged correctly or something had been overwritten at some point).

And then I gave them both chocolates from the huge pile I have next to my desk (Ghirardelli, marzipan, and Hotel Chocolat), they teased me about my tea collection, and we had a nice little chat for a minute or two.

It was nice to have them come to me, it does seem a much more Agile way to handle things, though with five more items awaiting my tender mercies, I'd rather not be running back and forth for everything, but rather just cranking through this big pile as fast as possible.

WHEW. Time for chocolate for me, I think. I'll pull from the secret stash of Vosges Haut Chocolat, because I deserve it, and stale chocolate is a crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment