Thursday 8 January 2009

Keeping track of tasks

It's official - we're currently using the Post-it note method of work tracking, which leaves us at the mercy of broad handbags and the cleaners.

I know it's the preferred method for many, but I HATE not having a record of a work item description and its status that can't accidentally go away. To me it's an invitation to disaster. But, you know, QA, I always expect the worst - and am so rarely let down! That's why I keep my printouts of project plans and test cases for years after a project has gone live - even backup servers can be wiped out, and I've lost at least a month of work before when this has happened on one occasion. ("But I thought that was just test data!" "Yeah ... all of our test plans and test cases ...")

And the whiteboards - the doom of the open office! We just don't have enough wall space here. Or privacy, or quiet.

Seems like it's time for my 3 PM cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment