Monday 5 January 2009

Starting the Agile Testing Adventure

Today's the day - we've moved the desks, and the first of the seven teams is supposed to start doing things "Agile" today.

However, we don't really seem to be ready. The plan was that this was going to be the zero week for that team, a ramp up week, but what with the end of the Christmas holidays and a huge desk move (and unpacking, and piles of email), I'd be really shocked if they'd had a stand up or if their scrum master really had a plan of attack.

My team is a late starter - we're rolling things out team by team, week by week, and we're not supposed to start going until almost the end of January. Typically, the week we're starting is a week I'm scheduled to be on holiday - at least for the first two days.

Until then, I and most of my former teammates are still operating under the old development methodology, which means there's a pile of work to do and I need to get on it.

Welcome to the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment